Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Our acceptance of your order will take place when you have paid a deposit equal to 50% or the full purchase price of the products (inclusive of VAT)at which point a contract will come into existence between you and Special Day.
2. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product and refund any deposit taken.
3. Deposits are non-refundable unless we cannot accept or fulfil your order. The deposit cannot be transferred to another person or item. We do not accept cancellation of your order and any monies paid will not be refunded under any circumstances and any money outstanding will need to be paid, ie change of mind, customer unable to attend, event cancelled, we strongly recommend insurance is taken out for such unforeseen circumstances.
4. The images of the products in our store, brochure or on our website or in any other promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours or the printed pictures in our brochure or on a sample swatch accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images and lace and appliques are hand sewn and can vary from samples instore. Whilst we can organise for shoes to be dyed we cannot guarantee that they will exactly match a colour swatch.
5. Once measurements and sizing have been taken for your order, we will not be held responsible for any weight loss/gain or any other changes in your measurements and sizing (for example due to pregnancy). If your measurements and sizing change it will be your responsibility to notify us, in which case we will confirm if we are able to make further alterations prior to delivery and what the estimated additional costs will be.
6. We will measure and advise on the size to be ordered. If you are not happy with the sizing you must inform us at the time of order. We will not be responsible for any sizing discrepancies after this time. If you defer being measured to a later date it will be the customer’s responsibility to ensure that such measurements are taken in good time for the products to be ordered and delivered in time.
7. Orders for gowns, which are not of a standard length or measurement, may be subject to a surcharge, the amount of which may not be known at the point of order. The finished measurement of a “special length” dress can vary by 1” either way.
8. Where we provide guidance in the choice of design, size, colour and measurements we do so without any liability.
9. During the order process, we will let you know when we will provide the products to you. Unless a fixed date for delivery has been agreed in writing, we will deliver the Products within a ‘reasonable amount of time’, taking account of the complexities of any alterations to be made to the Product and the location the Product is being sourced from. By way of guidance only, Products that are not in stock typically take up to 6 months to arrive and can take longer during peak periods. If a bride orders late, her dress may not arrive until a few days before the wedding.
10. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, we will book an appropriate appointment for you.
11. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery (if applicable) or collect them from us we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 13 will apply.
12. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if: you do not make any payment to us when it is due; you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products; you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you (if applicable) or collect them from us.
13. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 12 we will not refund any deposit you have paid for the Products.
14. The balance of the price for the products must be paid either before collection or delivery of the products and in any event within 7 days of notification that the products are ready you will also need to sign the goods off with the Designer again within 7 days of delivery. We accept payment by cash, card or Bank Transfer, we do not accept payment by cheque.
15. Alterations are not included in the price of goods and any alteration will therefore be an additional cost payable to the freelance seamstresses, we can offer details of 4 dressmakers and they can see you instore Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday (no fittings instore on Saturdays) or you can make arrangements with them at their premises. If you choose to use one of the seamstresses your contract will be with them and Special Day will not be liable for any alteration inaccuracies or errors.
16. Storage is £50 per order per year.
17 Any products not collected or storage expires, within 28 days of our notification will result in the customer automatically losing ownership and Special Day will take ownership and arrange disposal of the goods.
18. Changing your mind. Unless there is a fault with them, which in the case of bespoke items cannot be repaired, you will not be entitled to an exchange or refund of products purchased from us ‘in-store’.
19. Ex-sample gowns, it is the retailer’s and customer’s responsibility to list all known faults with the dress after inspection with the consumer. The consumer is not entitled to an exchange or refund of products purchased. This does not affect your statutory rights.
20. Liability during storage of products. In the unlikely event that customers paid for products are lost or damaged, due to fire, flood or theft, whilst on our premises we shall only be responsible for reimbursing the retails costs of such products.
21. Any claim is limited to the cost of the goods or services provided.
These terms are governed by English law under UK jurisdiction.
© The Retail Ombudsman 2017. These terms and conditions may not be re-produced without express permission.